Already started an application? Great! LOGIN NOW (to continue or track your progress)

Applying to Central Michigan University

Applying to CMU

Students at CMU

Need help learning English?

Are you an international student that may need English language courses before you begin your bachelor’s degree program?

» Apply now to the Undergraduate Bridge Program*

*PLEASE NOTE: The Undergraduate Bridge Program does not require proof of English proficiency and it does not require an additional English Language Institute (ELI) application.

Are you a graduate student that requires additional English language proficiency before you can begin your master’s degree?

» Apply now to the English Language Institute

Is learning to speak English your main goal?

» Apply now to the English Language Institute

Students at CMU

International Students at CMU

Are you an international student planning to start a bachelor’s degree program?

» Apply now to be an international undergraduate student

Are you from an university that has an exchange student agreement with CMU?

» Apply now to be an exchange student*

*PLEASE NOTE: Your current university must have a signed agreement with CMU. Consult your international office before applying. » View a list of participating universities.

Are you an international college graduate pursuing a graduate degree (master's, doctorate, etc.)?

» Apply to the College of Graduate Studies

Are you seeking a bachelor's degree at our main campus but you're NOT an international student? » Find out more in our section for domestic undergraduate students.

Are you trying to apply to a Global Campus location or online program? » Our Global Campus and online section can help.

Are you interested in pursuing a graduate degree on CMU's main campus? » Visit our section for graduate students.

Can't find what you're looking for? » Try visiting our main page for applying to CMU.

Already started your application?

Login to make modifications to an application you have already started or to check the status of your submitted application.

Login ID



Office of International Affairs

Phone & Email

PHONE: (989) 774-4308
FAX: (989) 774-3690

Mailing Address

Central Michigan University
Office of International Affairs
330 Ronan Hall
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859


  • » Where is CMU located?
  • » What is CMU’s campus like?
  • » How do I apply?
  • » What are the admission requirements for international undergraduates?
  • » Is English proficiency required for admission?
  • » Can I take academic classes if I am admitted to the ELI?
  • » What is the Bridge program?
  • » How do I apply to the Undergraduate Bridge Program?
  • » How much is tuition?
  • » Are scholarships available?
  • » Are you an advisor, counselor, or agent assisting a student in applying to CMU?

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback